Did you get back Zero rows in your data file? You only getting partial data? They worked before but not anymore?
Learn how to analyse and fix these problems
This article contains a summary of the essentials for fixing failing extractors.
The most common (but not all) causes for errors include:
1. Incorrect input (starter links) isn’t entered,
2. The variables section haven’t been correctly configured,
3. Changes in website layout or data feed,
4. You have run out of credits/your free trial expires,
5. The extractor is skipping outputting rows because the columns have been configured to be unique.
Most common solutions to resolve
1. Incorrect input (starter links) aren’t entered
This is the most common reason for an extractor failing. Please ensure you enter the correct starter link that is compatible with the Pre-Defined Extractor. This is usually a search url with query strings. Always look at the default link for an example
2. The variables section havent been correctly configured
Please ensure that if a variable is required in the PDE, that they are inputted
3. Changes in website layout or data feed
Please raise a ticket and the team will fix the issue as soon as possible
4. You have run out of credits/your free trial expires
Please ensure you have enough credits in your balance to run the extractor
If you are scraping a website which has different domains per country, please check if the PDE follows same website layout as the described PDE
5. The extractor is skipping outputting rows because the columns have been configured to be unique
Please check your columns to ensure you haven’t configured the extractor to drop unique rows
If you have tried all these and still aren’t getting results please raise a ticket against the PDE and the team will fix the issue as soon as possible